Enzymes in Action© Student Handout and Key
Enzymes are specialized proteins that catalyze or speed up chemical reactions within cells. The substance upon which an enzyme acts is called a substrate. Substrates are small molecules.
• Accomplish catalysis without being consumed in the reaction.
• Catalyzes a specific chemical reaction.
The Enzyme in Action Kit© allows your students to explore how enzymatic reactions occur. They will use the model pieces in the kit to:
• Simulate enzymatic actions.
• Explain enzymatic specificity.
• Investigate 2 types of enzyme inhibitors used in regulating enzymatic activity.
• Examine how an enzyme may affect activation energy.
EAK Student Handout
Due to an increasing number of students finding answer keys online, we are no longer providing open access to these documents. Please CLICK HERE and fill out the form. We will email you a link to the answer key within 1 business day. Thank you for understanding!