About the Process
1. We review your quote request - usually within two days - and either provide a price quote or contact you with additional questions to help us ensure we develop an accurate quote. Most custom models range between $500 and $1,500. We can work within budgets and offer a discount on multiple copies ordered.
2. If you choose to move forward with the model(s), we discuss your ideas and goals. This can be done by phone or through email, whichever is most convenient for you. Features are harder to change later in the process.
3. We get down to work! We create a preliminary 3D design and provide you with a collection of computer rendered images to review. Adjustments are discussed and final details are decided. If recommended by our design staff or requested by you, additional design images are provided before printing.
4. We schedule your 3D print. Our experienced model builders will add your project to our queue. Each print is unique and a work of art. Projects usually take 4 to 6 weeks. We accommodate rush orders when possible but may charge an additional fee.
5. Payment and shipping. Payment arrangements must be made before models can be shipped. A down payment is required on models over $5,000.
Average Model Costs
Most custom models range between $500 and $1,500, depending on size, complexity, design and materials. We can work within budgets and offer a discount on multiple copies ordered. REQUEST A QUOTE or contact lead model designer Mark Hoelzer at email@example.com if you have questions.
U.S. customers: 3D Molecular Designs is happy to ship via UPS using our UPS account and add the charges to your invoice. We are also happy to use your UPS or Fed Ex account and ship via your preferred shipper.
International customers: Shipping models outside the U.S. and Canada is expensive and could cost as much as the model itself. Shipping charges for countries in Asia, Africa or South America could total more than the model itself. Please also keep in mind that your country’s customs office may levy duties, taxes, fees or other charges.
Custom models are fragile and require special packing. We charge $40 for the first carton and $20 for each additional carton.
U.S. customers: We accept purchase orders, checks, electronic funds transfers (additional $20.00 U.S. fee) or the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
International customers: We ask for payment prior to shipping. We accept electronic fund transfers (add an additional $20 fee) or credit card payments, as noted above.
We are happy to accept international orders. Shipping from the U.S. to other countries is expensive. (See shipping and payment sections above. We charge $40 to prepare required export documents.)
Let us know when your model arrives!
We insure models against loss or damage. While damage during transit is rare, it can happen. Be sure to keep all packaging materials. UPS, Fed Ex or other shipping companies will not pay an insurance claim unless they can inspect all cartons, bubble wrap and packing peanuts! Notify us immediately if your model arrives damaged and 3DMD will file the claim if shipped on our account.