Chromosome Student Modeling Pack Teacher Resources
Activities and Recommendations
1. Model different types of chromosomes.
2. Demonstrate how chromosomes are comprised of DNA by connecting the nucleotides to the chromosomes using the scaling graphics.
3. Model mitosis and meiosis using the foam parts.
4. Model crossing over at the microscopic scale with the foam parts.
5. Use the foam nucleotides to model Punnett Squares. Assemble the contributions from each parent. Model one quadrant at a time by moving the correct sequences from each parent.