Nucleotide Student Modeling Pack Teacher Resources
Activities and Recommendations
1. Create a DNA sequence using half of your DNA nucleotides, then use the helicase and DNA polymerase to model replication.
2. Model transcription with the RNA polymerase.
3. Develop your own materials to model translation.
4. Model the action of restriction enzymes.
5. Model cycles 1 and 2 of PCR. Use the RNA pieces as primers.
DNA Digital Student Modeling Activity©
Due to an increasing number of students finding answer keys online, we are no longer providing open access to these documents. Please CLICK HERE and fill out the form. We will email you a link to the answer key within 1 business day. Thank you for understanding!
How to use our interactive digital slides:
Download the PowerPoint or if you're using Google Slides, go to File, click Make a copy and save the Entire presentation.
Use the activity as it is or make it your own! You can:
Edit the instructions and questions and add more.
Rearrange the slides.
Use the blank slide at the end to add content. (Duplicate the slide if you need more than one.)
Assign the activity to your students through your school’s digital platform. Ask them to save and submit their finished work in slide format or as a PDF, using the naming conventions appropriate to your school or class.
Share what you have done with us. We love to see how teachers use our materials!
Nucleotide Coloring Activity PDF
Replication Stop Motion
Transcription Stop Motion
Translation Stop Motion